Birds of a Feather session to identify community interest in forming a Disasters cluster.
Who called this meeting?
- Carol, who slipped in late
- Data available, but often not timely enough or formatted for first responders
- Need to cross boundaries between organizations to identify related data and enable "boots on the ground" use
- Can we organize a rapid response team?
- Can we quantify our impact?
Funding happens after a disaster, not before
Does anyone do disaster forecast/scenario research? Limited, but some.
- How do we prepare for 'hundred year events' that occur decadaly as climate changes?
- Does anyone do disaster forecast/scenario research? Limited, but some.
Is ESiP's job to just raise the visibility of members working in this area?
- Communicate new technologies to orgs using existing tech?
Small group discussion on the feasibility of a Disaster Cluster.
Continue a discussion on creating a cross agency catalog of disaster related tools and technologies
- Gap analysis of these tools