April 2014 Documentation Cluster Telecon
1) John Kozimor (NOAA) - WMO metadata work
ACDD – John Graybeal (Note: See all ACDD-related telecons at http://commons.esipfed.org/taxonomy/term/983 )
· The problem is – when a utility updates a file but doesn’t update the metadata, specifically with regard to changing extent.
· Created NetCDF Utilities meta data Handling http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/NetCDF_Utilities_Metadata_Handling
· Walt – depends on the data manager how things work – different between on-ground and reality
· Can’t make things a requirement/mandatory if ALL use cases can’t meet it
· Ed – could add a paragraph to the page about being cognizant of various attributes when creating a subset of a granule
· John G.is worried about bringing this into ACDD
· What is stopping ACDD 1.2 from being finalized? – Not sure – possibly the OK from some of the original “principle” people (like Nan and Derek)
· Have 2 sessions submitted. Did not come to a consensus that we needed any further sessions. Would like to include some ACDD, but just adding it to an existing session.
WMO (World Meteorological Organization) – John Kozimor (NGDC)
· John will talk again next month (May)
· He explained the rubrics (similar to ones Ted has shown in the past) and how you see what records are missing information