Semantic Web February 2012
- Update on Ontology repository proposal to Products and Services
- ESIP network
Update on New Activities
- ToolMatch, an effort to use ontologies and linked data to match tools and services with data.
- white paper on semantic web usage in Earth Science
- OPeNDAP support of RDF
- Navy SemWeb showcase (NASA tech. infusion, and ESIP) - Hook
- Peter: Products and Services has approved request for an ESIP cloud-based ontology repository. Project is on track to approval and currently in Finance Committee
- Tom: AGU is now very interested in Linked Open Data. AGU would like to deploy infrastructure to host RDF data. They are interested in having discussions with other agencies - EGU and AMS were mentioned - to create additional RDF and host at AGU triple store. Eric and Tom are continuing discussions with AGU to develop the required infrastructure and assist in RDF generation.
- Tom: There is a possibility that our linked open data browser could be a scheduling/browsing app used at the next Fall Meeting. Discussions continue with AGU.
- Peter: As a cluster we should unlock as much data as possible as expose as linked data
- Chris: Use cases are important and should guide the creation of linked data and applications
- Eric: Interesting use case would be to have telecon instances with annotations to the projects that were discussed
- Action Item: There was general agreement that exposing cluster data as RDF LOD is a good idea. Discussions will continue as to use cases and priorities.
- Erin gave a demo and overview of the Commons
- Chris discussed the Tool Match project and efforts to link tools to data via semantics
- An initial ontology model was presented
- Action Item: Volunteers are needed to review the current model - Eric and Ruth volunteered, more volunteers are welcome
- Eric's suggested model updates
Semantic Web in Earth Science White Paper
- Chris created a wiki page to highlight Semantic Web apps within Earth Science
- Currently it is not complete and additional articles are requested
- Action Item: Hook will provide a provenance article and Ruth will provide sea ice article
- Peter: this page should be reviewed and updated regularly. It should be a place that everyone can point to when asked about semantic web applications
Opendap and RDF
- James discussed opendaps ability to output RDF.
Navy SPAWAR Workshop
- Hook described the upcoming NAVY SPAWAR workshop to be held March 20 and 21. Day 1 is a government to government discussion and day 2 is conference style discussions. Hook will be presenting NASA and ESIP semantic web applications
- Action Item: Hook needs 1 slide from anyone who wants their application mentioned. Slides should discuss the problem that was solved via semantics and possibly the collaborative nature of solving the problem.
Fox, P.; Semantic Web February 2012; Telecon Minutes. ESIP Commons , April 2012
Submitted by superadmin on 2012-04-25 22:50.