Semantic Web February 2012
- Update on Ontology repository proposal to Products and Services
- ESIP network
- Update on New Activities
- Navy SemWeb showcase (NASA tech. infusion, and ESIP) - Hook
- Peter: Products and Services has approved request for an ESIP cloud-based ontology repository. Project is on track to approval and currently in Finance Committee
- Tom: AGU is now very interested in Linked Open Data. AGU would like to deploy infrastructure to host RDF data. They are interested in having discussions with other agencies - EGU and AMS were mentioned - to create additional RDF and host at AGU triple store. Eric and Tom are continuing discussions with AGU to develop the required infrastructure and assist in RDF generation.
- Tom: There is a possibility that our linked open data browser could be a scheduling/browsing app used at the next Fall Meeting. Discussions continue with AGU.
- Peter: As a cluster we should unlock as much data as possible as expose as linked data
- Chris: Use cases are important and should guide the creation of linked data and applications
- Eric: Interesting use case would be to have telecon instances with annotations to the projects that were discussed
- Action Item: There was general agreement that exposing cluster data as RDF LOD is a good idea. Discussions will continue as to use cases and priorities.
- Erin gave a demo and overview of the Commons
- Tool Match
Semantic Web in Earth Science White Paper
- Chris created a wiki page to highlight Semantic Web apps within Earth Science
- Currently it is not complete and additional articles are requested
- Action Item: Hook will provide a provenance article and Ruth will provide sea ice article
- Peter: this page should be reviewed and updated regularly. It should be a place that everyone can point to when asked about semantic web applications
Opendap and RDF
- James discussed opendaps ability to output RDF.
Navy SPAWAR Workshop
- Hook described the upcoming NAVY SPAWAR workshop to be held March 20 and 21. Day 1 is a government to government discussion and day 2 is conference style discussions. Hook will be presenting NASA and ESIP semantic web applications
- Action Item: Hook needs 1 slide from anyone who wants their application mentioned. Slides should discuss the problem that was solved via semantics and possibly the collaborative nature of solving the problem.
Submitted by superadmin on 2012-04-25 22:50.