Geospatial January 2012
- Invitation to active membership and participation/contribution
- Hyrax 1.8 release (including a WCS service that works with Hyrax) - OPeNDAP is interested in feedback from the cluster
Questions from OPeNDAP:
- Our WCS service returns links to data that must be dereferenced to get the actual data file. Is that a problem for most clients?
- The data file referenced is a netcdf3 data file. Is that a problem?
- Our service returns all of its coverages in a single GetCapabilities response (i.e., one URL). Would it be better to have a separate URL for each coverage (and thus have only one coverage per GetCapabilities)?
- If you have answers to these questions, please respond to James Gallagher or David Fulker directly, or send an email to the ESIP-geospatial mailing list.
Q&A from the group
If we install Hyrax, do we need to install Triple Store?
- No. Triple Store comes with the WCS (in a jar file)
Which version of WCS are you implementing?
- Version 1.1.2, which was the latest and greatest version at the time of development
- If we install Hyrax, do we need to install Triple Store?
Goal setting - what do we want to focus on over the next 6 mos?
Topic ideas for breakout sessions
- Invited speakers
- Best practices
- Topic ideas for breakout sessions
Identify reps to build an SME reference
- Various formats
- Open Source
Start thinking about the Summer Meeting in Madison, WI (July 2012)
- Half-day or full-day agenda? How many breakout sessions? Ideas?
Conclusion and schedule for next telecon (February 2012)
- When is the best time regular monthly telecons(what day of week/time)?
Bagwell, R.; Geospatial January 2012; Telecon Minutes. ESIP Commons , April 2012
Submitted by superadmin on 2012-04-26 12:56.