- Bruce Goldstein [University of Colorado Boulder] will frame collaborative resilience as it applies to place-based and virtual networks.
- Kathleen Weathers [Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies; Global Lake Ecological Observatory Network (GLEON)] will share lessons learned from the application of resilience concepts to the GLEON virtual community.
- Lauren Casey [Climate Action Champion, Sonoma County Team] will discuss the efforts of the Climate Ready Sonoma County project at creating a climate resilient community.
- Dave Blodgett [United States Geological Survey (USGS)] will outline the dynamics of community resilience and how to manage the varied expectations of those in the community.
- Lawrie Jordan [Esri—Director of Imagery] will describe how Esri is bridging the gap between Earth science data and local communities to enable local resilience.
- Sangram Ganguly [NASA Ames Research Center] will speak about the big data challenges related to satellite platforms and the NASA Earth Exchange (NEX) and OpenNEX initiatives.
- David Lubar [Aerospace Corporation] will explain the challenges faced in sharing the weather satellite spectrum with terrestrial networks.
- Chris Waigl [University of Alaska Fairbanks], the 2015 Robert G. Raskin Scholarship recipient, will speak about data usability in relation to remote sensing of Alaskan wildfires.
Plenary; Summer Meeting 2015. ESIP Commons , July 2015
Submitted by Dan Keyes on 2015-07-03 16:47.