Products and Services February 2012
New ESIP web infrastructure to help support ESIP web development & Testbed activities!!
- Info from Erin about the services being used and how to access
Present proposed State of the Art Template for committee/working group topical activities
- Opportunity for volunteers to fill out the current draft with their topic as examples for the rest of ESIP
- Testbed Task Presentation Series - first up...Christine White and Hook Hua on the Discovery Cluster Task
Discussion of plans for ESIP web hosting service(s) and software management
- Drupal-specific hosting for portal
- Generic web hosting for other functions - to include several of the Testbed tasks as appropriate. Hope to have both production and Test&Integration environments
- GitHub project to host and manage ESIP-related software, with the goal to deploy software from GitHub to the ESIP Test & Integration environment(s) and once verified complete, rollover/copy to production
- discussed what the long-term vision might be for ESIP-provided resources - maybe inclusion of, or migration to cloud resources
discussion about use of GitHub (or other tools) to host ESIP software
- there was question/discussion about re-hosting software from other sources in ESIP - e.g. GeoPortal
- the consensus seemed to be that hosting a new fork of an open-source project is not a problem - probably expected
Presented and discussed the "State of the Art" document that Karl has suggested
- used to document topics of interest within and across ESIP clusters and committees - not for group mission statements
- maybe a good tool for Products&Services to document information about Testbed tasks
Christine had worked through the template in preparation for today's presentation and had reservations about the "State of the Art" heading/section as that is somewhat intimidating unless a lot of prep and research have gone into the topic. Some alternate terms were suggested and discussed:
- Comparative Assessment - used in a lot of proposal documents
- Current Technology Boundaries
- Current Capabilities
- Technology History or Background
- Revised Template as a result of Christine Iterating with Karl - they decided on the wording or "Solutions for Addressing the Problem" instead of "State of the Art...."
Asked for volunteers to attempt documenting testbed tasks with this template. Volunteers are:
- Christine White for the Discovery task
- Phil Yang will pick one of GMU's tasks
Start of the Testbed Presentation Series - plan to have one of the Testbed Tasks present overview, plans and status information on each of the monthly telecon
First up - presentation of the Discovery task by Christine White, with Hook Hua.
- Status - The team is working closely with the Discovery cluster to gather requirements and solicit participation
- Link to Presentation Slides (pdf)
- First up - presentation of the Discovery task by Christine White, with Hook Hua.
Keiser, K.; Products and Services February 2012; Telecon Minutes. ESIP Commons , April 2012
Submitted by superadmin on 2012-04-25 22:12.