Open Source Cluster Breakout
We'll cover the following material related to open source in ESIP projects.
1. Winter Meeting 2013 Quick Study - pick 5 concrete, relevant pieces of open source Earth Science software and:
- classify their licenses - classify as "collective work" or "derivative work"
- explain differences
- classify their ecosystem
classify their open source model
Suggestion: GDAL, Apache Hadoop, Apache OODT, GeoPortal, NetCDF4-Java library, Drupal
2. Open Source Lightning Talks - relevant discussions about open source community, licensing, redistribution, etc., issues.
3. Discussion about possible interest in a Data Library for ESIP.
4. Election of Vice Chair for the Cluster
Mattmann, C.; Downs, R.; Open Source Cluster Breakout; Winter Meeting 2013. ESIP Commons , November 2012
Submitted by superadmin on 2012-11-30 18:12.