The ESIP Federation, in cooperation with NOAA, seeks to share the community's knowledge with scientists who increasingly need to be better data managers, as well as to support workforce development for new data management professionals. Over the next several years, the ESIP Federation expects to evolve training courses which seeks to improve the understanding of scientific data management among scientists, emerging scientists, and data professionals of all sorts.
All courses are available under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license that allows you to share and adapt the work as long as you cite the work according to the citation provided. Please send feedback upon the courses to email@example.com.
Titles for: The Case for Data Stewardship Section
- Agency Requirements
- NASA Data Management Plans
- NSF Data Management Plans
- NOAA Administrative Order 212-15: Management of Environmental and Geospatial Data and Information
- Enhancing Your Reputation
- Preserving the Scientific Record
Titles for: Data Management Plans Section
- Why Create a Data Management Plan?
- Elements of a Data Management Plan
Titles for: Local Data Management Section
- Managing Your Data
- Data Formats
- Creating Documentation and Metadata
- Introduction to Metadata and Metadata Standards
- Creating a Citation for Your Data
- Metadata for Discovery
- Working with Your Archive: Broadening Your User Community
- Advertising your data
- Using Data Portals and Metadata Registries: Submitting Metadata to the GCMD
- Providing Access to Your Data